Community Forums > Voobly General > Strategy Guides > The DOUCHE - Dark Age Rush - L_Clan_Tormenta

The DOUCHE - Dark Age Rush - L_Clan_Tormenta

L_Clan_Tormenta

编辑9 May 2013 - 9:10 am通过L_Clan_Tormenta
Here's a strategy that can't decide whether it's very evil or very lame. It's the Dark Age Rush, or if you prefer, the D-O-U-C-H-E - since it literally cleans out your opponent. This little gem is courtesy of OoC_Malice.

I would love to see some feedback of this execution. Also let me know if you enjoyed seeing something a little bit different, then I'll post some more.

Basic execution is like this:

Choose Persians. Their TCs have more hit points, which as you will see later, is an important element of this strategy. A couple other civilizations are potential candidates, and those would be Britons (cheap TCs) and the Teutons (of course).

Scout and make villagers as normal, but eat your sheep first - you'll see why in a bit. Put only as many villagers on food as are needed to sustain flow - put the rest on wood. Build your houses in such a manner to protect your wood supply - this'll come in handy later.

Scout out your enemy's location.

Once you have found the enemy and at around 7:00 or so, send around 10 villagers over to the enemy town. You want to arrive at his town once you've made 25 villagers.

Delete your TC. (Yes, I said delete your TC).

Build a new TC next to your enemy's TC. Exact distance from the enemy TC should be based on your civilization. Teutons can be farther, but all other civilizations should be about 6 tiles away (2 farm widths). While you are building, ignore your opponent's cries of "You are so lame!" and "WTF are you doing ****?!" He is just jealous he didn't think of it first. You should be able to start and complete the TC before the enemy can attack you.

Once it's done garrison your TC and destroy his. You can now feel free to steal his farms and his sheep if any are left, as well as the enemy boars which might have been lured nearby.
Now, you can build a barracks and make militia to try and disrupt his wood supply - often you can catch an enemy without the 275 wood to make a new TC. Alternatively, you can now try and boom, safe in the knowledge he is probably suffering a bit right now.

While this tactic may seem to totally worthless, it does have shock value, especially in team games on smaller maps or if you know your opponent likes to lay a lot of farms. If you can catch them with a full spread of farms, they will probably be dead and you'll have a lot of free food.

If they like to boom, you can even kill their TC before they are able to research the Feudal Age. This is guaranteed to set them back a bit. In a singles game, you can really get your enemy off his game, because now you have control over his town and he is on the run. If he's smart, he'll go to your town, but then you could delete and rebuild back in your town with your workers that were left behind. Meanwhile he now has no easy gold and stone.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [Eot_]Marvel__

发布8 May 2013 - 4:20 pm
What benefit do britons have with this strategy? :S
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 L_Clan_Tormenta

发布8 May 2013 - 4:35 pm
Britons Civilization Features:
Town Centers cost -50%.
Shepherds work 25% faster.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 PrinceAbooAboo

发布8 May 2013 - 4:41 pm
Nice of you to type this all up :)
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 trexnxnao

发布8 May 2013 - 4:48 pm
11, really love when 13++ players writes their guides. At first, the "rushed" player can easy destroy britons TC - because he has more vills inside. And britons dont have cheaper TC since dark age. Or everybody would play britons on LN...
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [Eot_]Marvel__

编辑8 May 2013 - 5:09 pm通过[Eot_]Marvel__
Britons cheap TC is only in castle age, from the 2nd TC onwards, so how would that bonus help you here?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 L_Clan_Tormenta

编辑8 May 2013 - 6:58 pm通过L_Clan_Tormenta
Is it really Marvel? Wouldn't work with Brits then :) only used this as Persians :).

This is an old strategy from zone days. The Legion Clan had a whole internal database of strategy guides, just thought this one might be interesting to post.

trexnxnao is upset that he lost to this strategy just before, although I wouldn't use this past 1800 ;)
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Swaghetti

发布8 May 2013 - 7:00 pm
Well, even if this doesn't work against good players, I still think it would be great to try on Game.Ranger since they start crying there by the smallest things :P! But I think it's not that good idea to try in medieval siege. Anyway, this is a funny strat!
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Keepo

编辑9 May 2013 - 7:38 am通过Keepo
Found recs: [You must login to view link]
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 L_Clan_Tormenta

发布9 May 2013 - 9:13 am

Awesome, thank you Dawnarch.

Also I saw L_Clan_Ugnis was mentioned, he was one of the best players during the early stages of the game. I have a lot of his strategies but I'm not sure if they are still applicable these days.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 InstaAoC

发布15 August 2013 - 5:40 am
If enemy has walled its territory, like in a Black Forest or Yucatan map, it shouldn't be possible to do that.

Anyways, this strategy is very good and should work against newbie players as the time to reach enemy's territory and build your TC can be crucial to put you in disadvantage.

I think that Persians are a better choice than Britons because HP seems the only decisive stat in Dark Age.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 SS_Caipira

编辑17 August 2013 - 4:17 am通过SS_Caipira
This is obviously an AoK guide, probably made beforce AoC and taken initially from the MFO forums (main AoEII forum at the time I think).
- The Teutonic TC then could attack at a range of 11, so it could kill the enemy tc without taking damage.
- The Briton TC had the mentioned TC bonus from start.

I've done it a few times back in the day, was very fun :)

链接 | 回复 | 引用
[1]
从 1 12中展现12 - 0
讨论区跳转:
1用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
0成员1游客

What's popular right now: