Th0m

发布14 December 2013 - 8:43 pm
1. I thought a map was never finished
2. Yeah Silm was about done at v 8b. =@
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

发布14 December 2013 - 8:57 pm
Silm as it is would never even be considered for rating

every player would have to have exactly the same units......I don't think you guys understand what is needed

链接 | 回复 | 引用
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

发布14 December 2013 - 9:11 pm
You can't have an RPG rated... As Marauder stated everything needs to be even for all players and no booters in a rated map, etc.

You could make an LOTR influenced map but the RPG won't cut it.

链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Th0m

发布14 December 2013 - 9:15 pm
Get out of this thread and never return.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 _Rectum_Ranger_

发布14 December 2013 - 9:18 pm
Silm as it is would never even be considered for rating

every player would have to have exactly the same units......I don't think you guys understand what is needed

Hello, tunic, are you brain injuried from our last lotr game?

In CBA every player has different units! GG! Unrate CBA now or rate LotR. Please speak of facts what can't be countered so easily.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Th0m

发布14 December 2013 - 9:21 pm

We haven't had a formal vote on whether we would like a rating system or a counter system but I reckon more people would prefer having a counter system which tallies your stats as each race - surely this is achievable?

What if there was a way of randomizing the race you get in a 4v4 LotR map? Surely that could be rated in the same way CBA 1v1 random is a rated map - there is an equal chance of receiving a particular civ/race despite the fact the match may not even be a fair one.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

发布14 December 2013 - 9:23 pm
Its because everyone has the same opportunity to get a civ if you go random civs. Each base is the same as another. If players choose to pick civs then that is up to them.

Just like RTD is only considered map pack material because every player theoretically has the same chance of getting units.

链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

发布14 December 2013 - 9:26 pm
^^ That was in reply to nhoobish's less than intelligent post.

In response to locked:
That would be something that can be explored
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 _Rectum_Ranger_

发布14 December 2013 - 9:38 pm
Its because everyone has the same opportunity to get a civ if you go random civs. Each base is the same as another. If players choose to pick civs then that is up to them.

Just like RTD is only considered map pack material because every player theoretically has the same chance of getting units.

We can add a randomizer just like in Europe for to make it more fair or more like CBA fairness, so all players have an equal chance of getting any civ. And also starting the game with Random civs.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Maeglin_

发布15 December 2013 - 12:09 am
we don want no smartasses in ere
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 _Nixy_

编辑15 December 2013 - 10:54 am通过_Nixy_
Th0m wrote:
We haven't had a formal vote on whether we would like a rating system or a counter system but I reckon more people would prefer having a counter system which tallies your stats as each race - surely this is achievable?
I don't really care for rating but I'd love for this to be achieved.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Vaultboy

发布15 December 2013 - 1:01 pm
Weapon, try downloading some of the maps from the original thread. You'll notice none of these maps or any maps within this genre are RPG.

Tunic's the first person to make seriously valid points. We have no idea as a community what it takes to get these maps rated. And if we went as far as to balance the number of units each player has and the type of each unit each player has, it wouldn't be the same.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 RiyT

编辑15 December 2013 - 7:04 pm通过RiyT
I also would love to see LOTR rated. I have played this map a lot of times during the last 3 years. When I speak I think I can speak for all LOTR players that we don't care about the fact that the map might be unbalanced. It is the player that makes the civilizations strong.

Furthermore, this gametype is just awesome and has some wonderful and very tactical gameplay.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Mr_Don

发布15 December 2013 - 2:43 pm
LOTR doesnt nessesarly need to be rated, I just think we should get a few new people to try it out instead of denying entry to every single ****er who isnt apart of the community. LOTR takes a long time to learn and as RiyT said it is a very tactical and strateygic gameplay. Rating LOTR would only kill the community, getting ourselfs a own LOTR lobby would prob bring new players into the map, why we should get our own lobby is because no scenario is like LOTR everything about LOTR is diffrent its no RPG or CBA bull****. LOTR is its own genre! ALL HEIL THE LOTR COMMUNITY!!!! <3 NO ****
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

发布15 December 2013 - 5:07 pm
Vaultboy wrote:
Weapon, try downloading some of the maps from the original thread. You'll notice none of these maps or any maps within this genre are RPG.

Tunic's the first person to make seriously valid points. We have no idea as a community what it takes to get these maps rated. And if we went as far as to balance the number of units each player has and the type of each unit each player has, it wouldn't be the same.

I'll do that in the next couple days. It sounds to me like some people are better off in the scenario and you can't have that though. Even if say you gave someone 1 paladin and the other 3 skirmishers on top of other similar combinations there's always going to be imo, keep in mind I'm going in blind here, an advantage for one group. I'll check it out after I'm done with finals and maybe could add some suggestions for balance but... idk.

链接 | 回复 | 引用
123[4]56
从 46 60中展现77 - 0
讨论区跳转:
2用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
0成员2游客

What's popular right now: